VR Residency Program NewImages – Kaohsiung Film Festival 2019
Are you a young creator of immersive works? This year, the NewImages Festival and the Kaohsiung Film Festival open an exceptional residency in Taiwan. The goal is to help you create a VR experience (at least 5 minutes in length), for world premiere release no later than the 2021 Kaohsiung Film Festival.
The creator of the selected project will win production funding, round trip tickets to Taiwan and a monthly stipend for their three month stay. On your marks… Enter your project today!
Registrations are open until Monday 13 May 2019 at 11:59 pm GMT/UTC!
The residency is open to any creator who has experience on a VR project as a director, producer, screenwriter or equivalent. All VR projects (360, interactive, installations) are eligible. The projects will be evaluated by a jury made up of Taiwanese and French leading figures from the worlds of XR, cinema and culture.
The registration process must be completed by Monday 13 May 2019 at 11:59 pm (GMT/UTC)via the form on this page. Prior to entry, please read our terms and conditions.
- Friday 8 March 2019: launch of the call for projects
- Monday 13 May 2019 (11:59pm GMT/UTC): closure of the call for projects
- Friday 7 June 2019 (no later than): online applicants’ interviews with the selection committee
- Tuesday 18 June 2019 (no later than): announcement of the selected application – the VR creator is announced.
- 19–23 June 2019: the selected VR creator is invited to the NewImages Festival.