The festival of digital creation and virtual reality
19–23 June 2019
Images should not only be watched and analyzed: they should be lived, felt and palpable. Forward-looking and cutting-edge, the NewImages Festival provides a fresh approach to innovative creative techniques.
Focusing on content and artistic creation, NewImages is at the forefront of new trends in media. Building on the transmedia creations of yesterday, and the XR formats of today, tomorrow’s innovation are still beyond our minds’ grasp… NewImages is constantly evolving, transforming from year to year, to adapt to fresh innovations and, above all, new forms of storytelling.
Taking place at Forum des images and several other iconic locations in the heart of Paris, NewImages is, more than ever, a place for discovering new artistic perspectives and finding talent. It is designed to spread new techniques and make new forms of creation accessible, enabling everyone to make them their own. This broad-based and resolutely multifaceted approach to digital creation makes the Festival an unmissable event, with something for everyone.
What’s new in 2019?
In constant reinvention, The NewImages Festival is back in its summer home. More festive, open and collaborative, and better suited to the needs of industry professionals, the 2019 edition will continue to promote new techniques and look to the future. On the agenda:
- A selection of the best current immersive and interactive works (XR, video games, innovative storytelling…), numerous premieres, and a brand new VR competition.
- New for industry professionals: the XR Financing Market, a unique funding market with influential decision makers, designed to encourage the production of innovative content.
- The NewImages/Kaohsiung Film Festival (KFF) VR Residency: conceived in partnership with one of Taiwan’s leading cultural events and the French office in Taipei, this brand-new initiative will help one French creator get a variety of funding opportunities to develop their project in Kaohsiung. KFF will handle all travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Industry days for professionals: discover our selection and meet the creators for talks, networking events, cocktails and private events.
- A celebration of digital creation, with various events, some of them outdoors (performances, free events, “Fête de la Musique”, etc.).
- Several unique events with renowned artists.
- A special offer for young people, school groups and students, as well as for educators (introductions, workshops, discussions, etc.).
Produced and organized by Forum des images (a cultural institution subsidized by Paris City Hall), the NewImages Festival was born in January 2018, when the Paris Virtual Film Festival (created in June 2016) and l Love Transmédia (launched in 2011) merged into a single entity.