3rd edition (postponed)
September 23-27, 2020
New worlds reveal themselves to us: worlds that cannot be described, that cannot be explained, but that deserve first and foremost to be lived. With you?
Vibrant and brimming, immersive creation is reaching maturity and is no longer afraid of asserting itself as an artform in good standing. The works, as per usual, are gateways to the imagination, evasion and a form of surrender, but most importantly, they cross a milestone: decisively emancipatory, they are able to birth a rare, novel alchemy between man and technology.
So where will this 2020 edition lead you?
Far away, very far away for sure, and that without even leaving Paris! And for good reason:
- The best of current immersive and interactive creation will be accessible! The program: virtual reality experiences and interactive concerts, narrations or augmented photo exhibitions, mapping and projections… with many unique and original creations;
- Mapping spectacles, concerts, performances and set-ups mixing numeric creation, music and performing arts … NewImages Festival will picture itself as a big party with many collective highlights;
- At Forum des Images but not only, as NewImages Festival will also take place outside, in the heart of the Halles Forum (Canopée) and the public space (the Halles gardens) to meet everybody… and spring up incredibly experiences where you’re not (necessarily) expecting them;
- Meet-ups times: these privileged moments to exchange with our guests are also invitations to look behind the scenes, to brainstorm new forms of creation and imagine what they have in store for us;
- Catered to a younger audience, schools and associations, the festival will formulate an enhanced and thought-out offer, built around three axes: experiencing, understanding, taking ownership;
Africa2020 x NewImages Festival
A highlight of the Africa2020 Season, the festival will celebrate African creation that, thanks to new forms of creation, is reclaiming its representations and tells the story of today’s diverse Africas.
A selection of immersive experiences, professionals talks, spectacles, creation residencies… this exceptional focus will take place in the presence of many guests.
And what about professionals?
- From June 10 to 12, the Industry Days will gather in Paris the leading actors of the XR industry. Networking and project presentations, expert talks and meetings with creators, workshops, and of course, parties to get together… NewImages Festival will continue to invest in the boom of the XR ecosystem and will reaffirm its role as prescriber on the international scene;
- Following its successful first edition, XR Financing Market (financing and coproduction fair entirely dedicated to immersive projects) will be back to encourage the production of innovative content, in the presence of renowned decision-makers;
- Our creation residencies will allow young artists to develop their projects in a privileged framework. These unique initiatives conducted in partnership with Taiwan (Kaohsiung Film Festival, French Office in Taipei) and South Africa (Digital Lab Africa) will also be the occasion to strengthen international links and exchanges;
- Finally, to always be one step ahead, the official competition is evolving and is now open to new innovative formats! The VR Competition becomes XR Competition and a brand new prize will notably be awarded to the best experience in augmented reality;