Taiwan VR Residency
Launch of the second edition of VR residency program in Taiwan.
Driven by a shared desire to explore new kinds of storytelling and promote the creation of immersive experiences, the NewImages Festival, the Kaohsiung Film Festival and the French Office in Taipei renew their VR residency program for a second edition.
In Kaohsiung, from January to April 2021, it will give one creator based in France a unique opportunity to develop his/her VR project in a supportive environment, and in direct collaboration with key figures from the Taiwanese industry. During the three-month residency, resident will be provided with:
- funding (NT$1,000,000 or about €30,000);
- mentoring sessions with VR experts;
- connection with the local VR ecosystem (artists, developers, experts, producers, studios, etc.);
- a round-trip economy class airline ticket, accommodation and studio;
- a daily allowance (NT$1,000 or about €30 / day);
The Kaohsiung Film Festival and the NewImages Festival are proud of this initiative designed to foster cross-border exchange, with a guarantee that completed project will be showcased in the next editions of these two festivals.
The selected creator will be announced at the closing ceremony of the NewImages Festival, on Friday 25 September, 2020.